History of Node.js
Node.js was originally written in 2009 by Ryan Dahl. The initial release supported only Linux. Its development and maintenance was led by Dahl and later sponsored by Joyent
Dahl was inspired to create Node.js after seeing a file upload progress bar on Flickr. The browser did not know how much of the file had been uploaded and had to query the Web server. Dahl desired an easier way. Dahl demonstrated the project at the inaugural European JSConf on November 8, 2009.
Where we can use node.js
- Real time web app like chat application, notification application and others
- Developing API for large scale data
What are the giant companies using Node.js
- Mozila and many others
Famous frameworks for Node.js
There are lots of frameworks that can be used building node js application but some are most used and efficient and those are the following:
2.Sails JS (Built on top of express js)
Tools we need to work with node.js
- Node js installed on your machine
- NPM(Node Package Manager)
- Database that you prefer to work with
- IDE(any IDE that you feel comfortable to work with; I personally use Atom IDE)
That’s it. Now we can start working on node js.
In my next post, I will show you how to make node js environment ready for development.